In December 2008 I traveled to Denver for work related training at the EPA office. Before training, I spent a few days with my friend Lisa in Colorado Springs. We hiked in a park west of town called Red Rock Canyon. I overstayed my time in Colorado Springs though and didn't make it back to Denver before a snow storm hit. Lisa and I had "fun" traveling in the snow for two hours, trying to get to Denver but only making it 20 miles out of Colorado Springs. We finally turned around and headed back to her apartment for a well deserved rum and coke. She drove me back to Denver the next morning and we found the roads and traffic in much better condition than the prior evening. I ended up only missing the first morning of the conference.
The red dirt is great. It's a nice earthy red. This is a photo of the path we walked along and I use as the background of my computer.
1 comment:
what do you suppose the soil composition is in colorado, compared to here? whys it so red?
Post a Comment